Thursday, December 24, 2009

How do I get a coworker to stop wearing stinky perfume?

I work in a super small office, so when a coworker wears her new perfume the entire office smells like it. I have a sensitivity to scents, and it really drives me nuts. How can I tell her that her purfume is giving me a headache without being rude?How do I get a coworker to stop wearing stinky perfume?
Tough call. Maybe you could invite her to lunch. During normal conversation, you could tell her that you dislike it when ';some people'; wear too much perfume to work because you are sensitive to sents (or drop the hint when you are around the water cooler).





If she dosen't take the hint, tell her directly while you are have an otherwise normal conversation with her.How do I get a coworker to stop wearing stinky perfume?
Good luck Report Abuse

Just man or woman up and tell her. Why beat around the bush? They will respect you more if you just tell them to their face.
Not the only one, lots are sensitive to that and some towns like in California have even outlawed perfumes and stuff! But all you can do is just tell them about it, and let the chips fall where they may. It is not an unreasonable request I don't think
take a dump in your office garbage can when shes not looking, that'll mask any perfume!
Either tell her or you boss and let them deal with it.
You can't without hurting her feelings.
I have done this a dozen times or more. Here's how.





Explain to her that you have allergies and that her perfume irritates it. Then ask her nicely to not wear it at the office.





It worked every time for me.
You can't, this is a free country, people can wear what fragrance they please.
I had the same problem and would get migraines eveyday from guys wearing strong colonge to a foundry. They would stand right beside me all the time at my desk and I had to train these guys. I just told them flat out that I would really apreciate him they didn't wear strong perfumes when working around me because I get migraines. I then mocked them and said what the hell are you wearing cologne to work for anyways, we are all guys working here. They stopped wearing it. It's better if you have more seniorty to than the person to pull it off. My landlady was using strong scents and it game me headaches so I told her that I had mild asthma and that I would have to move. Make something up.
Don't call it stinky or any insulting thing like that.





#1 go to your doctor and talk about migraines


#2 tell all coworkers %26amp; Your boss your boss nicely that the doctor says you have an allergy to some of the chemicals in perfumes, scented soaps etc. and that is what is causing your migraines and that you need your work area to be as scent free as possible of perfumes etc.
Easy..... All you have to do is buy her a perfume that's easy on your nose....... Problem solved....
tell her the hooker stench is carrying over into her regular work week.
just ask her ,i had the same problem at my work . just ask nicely, and she will stop wearing it
Tell her that you are not supposed to wear the rancoon piss they sell in the hunting goods section of Wal-Mart, just sprinkle it around you while hunting.
Go to your boss and explain you have a sensitivity to strong smells. Have her put out a memo.





I don't know if you have ever heard of environmental sickness/illness but it is just that, a sensitivity to strong smells, if you get info. on this it might back you up.

No comments:

Post a Comment