Thursday, December 24, 2009

Do you think employers should have policies on how much Perfume?

I have a co-worker that wears perfumes, and another woman complains about it constantly, the second woman says it makes her sick. The perfumed lady says there is no policy against it, so she is free to do as she likes. Do you think HR should create a policy on wearing perfumes, or just let people solve it themselves?Do you think employers should have policies on how much Perfume?
Many people have chemical allergies or sensitivities, with symptoms that can prevent us from doing our job--inc. headaches, dizziness, nausea, and fatigue. I definitely think there should be a policy in place. I certainly wish there was one in my workplace. Because one of my coworkers refused to stop wearing perfume in our small, communal, airtight office, our supervisor eventually moved me to another office for the remainder of the semester--a better office ultimately. But I missed connecting with other colleagues, and one of my closest colleagues complained of missing me. Why was I the one who had to move? It's a topsy-turvy world where one person's cosmetic ';needs'; takes precedence over another person's health needs.Do you think employers should have policies on how much Perfume?
If it is affecting more than one person, there should be a policy set. I wish I could set one at my work where if a person comes in reeking of cigarette smoke that I can squirt as much febreeze on them as I see fit.
My employer does. And it goes company wide, all offices. Not just the one I work at. Basically, it says no perfume or cologne allowed. And it's exactly for this reason.
My company has a no perfume policy and I'm very happy that it does. If I come in contact with anyone, male or female, who is wearing so much perfume/cologne that you can still smell they were there 10 minutes later then I start to develop sinus headaches from it. As a child I was allergic to perfume, I couldn't wear it and now I can only wear the lightest of scents. I don't need a nasal assault because someone else decides they want to take a bath in the stuff.





Since our HR dept put our policy in effect no one has complained about it.
I think the other woman should quit whining!
Absolutely, the overuse of cologne and perfumes is a hazard, especially to someone who has allergy-induced asthma like myself.





I would contact HR and express your concerns. If anything, let them know the smell is preventing you from fully doing your job.
Absolutely there should be a policy of no perfume or cologne. As we get older, our sense of smell deteriorates and often ladies who are in middle age squirt more than is necessary, or the perfume itself is one that would choke a horse so to speak.





The one that gets me is when you are flying and you have someone who reaks of perfume sitting close enough to you to bring tears to your eyes.





Please be considerate of those out there with allergies. You could actually cause someone to go in to sever respiratory distress just so you think you smell good.
Yes, I think there should be something set in place for that. Some women wear way too much perfume and whether they believe it or not, it's nauseating. It's not fair to other co-workers when they cannot work.
I believe that in my company policy there is a rule about wearing minimal perfume.
If someone was allergic, then I think it should be brought to the attention of their manager. But it's not something most companies would feel the need to 'regulate.' After all, in most companies now days you aren't forced to relate as when all people stand in a row in a factory or something. (But in food service, Facility Policies most likely address that.)
A policy about ';how much'; is unworkable, but a private employer could have a policy about perfume.





Many people have real allergies to this stuff, so an employer might try to control it on health grounds.





The perfumed woman sounds like a real jewel.
it should be solved among the emloyees i believe.......... that perfume thing can get really disturbing sometimes. but there are similar cases to that!! so HR cannot be responsible for it as well..........
  • loan
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment